About Me

My photo
Imagine the tallest person you have ever seen. Now Imagine them being ridiculously shy and rarely talking to anyone. Now imagine the exact opposite.

Followers

Monday 24 May 2010

FORE!

Golf and my family go hand in hand. At one time or another my whole family have played golf. My Granda never fails to remind us of his golfing days, My Granny taught me everything I know about the club etiquette, My dad enjoys the game(realistically his only form of sanity). This has led to all of the Davis girls being enlisted in the golf club. Bronagh was the let down. She is the one publically claiming that she hates golf whereas the rest of us just go with the flow. This year however is my year. I am making a comeback....actually realistically probably just my entrance. I am convinced I will definately play properly.


This IS my year. But I need to get way better and that just means practice. I needed to get myself a team. I called upon Sarah Boal and Fiona Sullivan to be my trusty companions. We decided, after a long time of talking about it, that Sunday was the day. A Sunday, it was literally a day of Sun and the heat was around a million degrees. So we arrive at Blackwood looking so cool with the golf clubs hanging out the back of Sarah's ginger mini convertable. The three of us kitted out right from the collared t-shirts down to the white glove. This was probably the only point at which we felt like true professional golfers.


Not much proper practicing was done but it was full of bant. The last time Sarah and I went golfing, 18 holes at a par 3 took 4 1/2 hours. At this point in my blog my granny would probably have a heart attack in hearing this due to her strict "You are behind the people infront, not infront of the people behind" policy. This time, despite there being three off us, we were determined to get round faster. This did happen but only because we played 9 holes. Most of the time was spent finding lost golf balls and my attempt on teaching Sully with what my minimal knowledge would let me.

Sully was a prodigy. Now when I say this, I am not talking about a golfing prodigy I am talking cricket prodigy. Despite all references made to Happy Gilmore such as, "It's all in the hips" and "Just tap it in" she still came out looking more like Freddie Flintoff than Tiger Woods. This would led me to believe that she has in fact missed her vocation and should immediately give up teaching and buy herself some white knitwear to fit in with her (soon to be) posh friends.

Blackwood were glad to see us leave. It is definately not the last time we will be there but next time we ARE playing 18. Until then we shall be "practicing" in ballyholme pitch and putt to practice our short game. I will however be tweeking this story slightly for any family member who asks how my golf is going. As far as they will be concerned Sarah and Sully play off single figures and we flew round the course due to our fantastic, consistent form on the course ;)...ah who am I kidding they all know I'm rubbish anyway.

xox

No comments:

Post a Comment