About Me

My photo
Imagine the tallest person you have ever seen. Now Imagine them being ridiculously shy and rarely talking to anyone. Now imagine the exact opposite.

Followers

Thursday 20 May 2010

Clutter Chaos

Growing up with four sisters is bant at times. However, each one is more stubborn than the last. And my Dad. Well, he is the most stubborn man in the world (he even changed the password on the lappy so I couldn't go on Facebook. This backfired as the new one happens to be my spotify password! LOL!) This background information is important for the rest of this story.

Mum works in exhibitions. This takes her all round the world to such destinations as Dubai, Brussels, Dallas and the most recent Aberdeen. The one thing Mum expects when she comes home is a tidy house. To many, this would not be a big deal but one thing I must also mention is that the house did not begin tidy when she left, and in the past 4 months my sister Laura has found a new love for bring and buy sales. CLUTTER.com.

I took it upon myself (as I have mentioned my family are stubborn and my sisters are lazy) to de-clutter the Davis abode. I had no mercy. I came equipted with reinforced black bin liners and a spotify playlist to kill. Among the junk that I found, there were some pretty funny old items that deserve some recognition. For one some seriously bad pictures of my sister....I mean they are probably the funniest things I have ever seen with the whole bowl haircut/ Mitchelin man thing she has going on. I also found the log book that we had to keep in the run up to my First Holy Communion. One particular exercise was to state a time when you have been kind at home. I quote, "I am kind to my Mummy and my Daddy when I go and get them a beer from the fridge". This statement will either come as hilarious to you or you will think that I have alcoholic parents. Personally, knowing my Mum and Dad are not alcoholics I found it hilarious. It also explains the whole Catholic guilt thing. "Rachel, what is the next sacrament you have to receive?... well don't forget...God is watching you".

The tidying was eventually completed. Needless to say when I was done with that house, (being as stubborn as the rest of my family) it was completely de-cluttered and the place was well and beyond Mum's high standard. However, this was definately not a wasted day. Bronagh will never ever live down these photos or the threat that I may post them on facebook. And the rents... well I reckon it is there turn to pay me back and get me a beer from the fridge after that days work.

1 comment:

  1. Haaaaaaaaaaaa! Oh, Davis! I loved this bad boy! Come tidy the McCune house :D xx

    ReplyDelete